Wow, I am so honoured and speechless to have received the Liebster (a German word in origin which means beloved, sweetheart, lover, darling) Award! The Liebster award, is an award given to new bloggers and is given among the blogger community to get to know each other and highlight a newbie. There is an inner voice that says I don’t deserve it which makes this recognition extra special.
I am thrilled to have been nominated by Blue, an amazing writer who blogs about kdrama endings. Her blog is appropriately named K-drama Endings! Please check-out her wonderful and brutally honest reviews.
Liebster Award Rules
1. Thank and link back your nominator.
2. Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that you have nominated them via social media/blogs.
Rule #3 asks to nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Oh my! I struggle with this one. All the bloggers I follow in this subject matter area are way more successful than I am and certainly no newbies. Even the ones I occasionally check out have surpassed this criteria or have already received multiple Liebsters or other similar awards, aka Sunshine Award or Sisterhood Awards. I hope Liebster (award originator) will excuse me for breaking this one rule.
Let me start by answering the questions posed to me by Blue.
1) What is to you, the best drama of all times? And why?
This is an easy one! Misaeng. Blue, I know you dropped it but I absolutely loved it and could easily write an essay on the why. Misaeng took me on a journey and touched me in such a profound way. I could identify with Geu Rae and his struggles for acceptance and for wanting to be one of the boys. I could also identify with Mr. Oh and his love for his profession. And I respect him for not willing to compromise his principles while having to battle office politics. The very fact that a supposedly mundane story about office workers could make me laugh, cry and feel connected is truly a magnificent feat achieved by the writer, director, cast and crew. It will take something really special to topple it off my best drama pedestal 😀
2) Name three favorite actors and three favorite actresses of yours.
Sometimes I am not sure if I like an actor or actress or the characters they portrayed in dramas. Probably the latter since I don’t actively seek out celebrity interviews or news clips. Sometimes the occasional BTS specials help shape my opinion of each. I have to say in this regard, Im Si Wan, Ji Chang Wook and Jung Yong Hwa probably my favourite actors. If I go with acting skills based on the characters in my favourite dramas, then the list would be Hyun Bin, Lee Dong Wook and Ji Chang Wook. Actresses are harder for me but on acting skills alone, they would be Kim Sun Ah, Gong Hyo Gin and Moon Chae Won.
3) Do you prefer the city or the countryside and why?
Countryside especially if it is by the sea. Why? Away from the hustle bustle, noise and stress of city life. I am pretty low maintenance and don’t need the glitz the city has to offer. I still love cities as places to visit and learn about the culture, history, architecture and lives of its people but for daily living, a country cottage by the sea would be it for me.
4) If there was one thing you could change about your character overnight, what would it be?
Be more social! I am a closet writer and find it extremely hard to open up and share.
5) What is your favorite drama/movie genre?
I love a good romance! Especially ones where the main characters go through a journey of discovery to find each other.
6) What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
To keep reminding myself that I blog because I love to write even where there’s no one to read it.
7) Finish this sentence: Life is worth living because
Life is worth living because I have loved ones and as Franklin P. Jones said, “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
8) You win 5 Million dollars, what is the first thing you buy?
My freedom to write! Quit that day job 😀
9) Share with us your top 3 pet peeves.
Hmm…let me see. I commute daily to and from work and I get annoyed when people intentionally cut into lines and cause other deserving people to miss their bus or have that last available seat taken from them. My second pet peeve is probably dog owners that do not take the liberty to clean up after their pets especially on sidewalks or neighbours’ lawns. Last but not least, sad to see the deterioration and loss of respect by the young for their parents and the elderly. One of the reasons I love watching kdramas where this still holds true.
10) If you knew you only had 2 days left to live, state three things you would do?
Wow, this one is deep unless I am over-thinking it? I do have a tendency to over-think stuff and read too much into things 😉 I would want to make it as easy as possible for those left behind. Clear up my debt so my children won’t have to inherit any of it if possible; say my goodbyes and make my peace with those close to me and ensure the transition is as easy as possible for my children.
11) Have you accomplished something that you’re really proud of? What is it?
Writing and self publishing my first romance novel. Just proud of myself for taking that big first step.
Now, the tough part. As I mentioned above, I did my best to find 11 newbie kdrama bloggers that meet the aforementioned criteria but I only found three. I also excluded those that have previously received similar awards. Here are my current nominees. I will update this post and nominate new ones as I stumble across new blogs.
Questions for my nominees
- What do you love about blogging?
- Has your blog presented any surprises for you?
- What are the top 3 blogs you follow? Why?
- What have you learned from someone else’s blog and have incorporated into yours?
- What’s your go to kdrama snack?
- Has a friend or acquaintance ever discovered you through your blog and how was the experience?
- If you could star in any of your beloved kdrama, which protagonist would you want to be?
- Where do you blog from? Mac, PC or tablet?
- When do you do most of your blogging?
- Your blog goes viral and you are asked to vlog – would you want to? Why or why not?
- If you could choose where to live anywhere in this world, where would this be and why?
Again, thank you Blue for the nomination. Besides making me feel good, it has led me to discovering other blogs in the process and help promote our community.